 General / 29841
Re: tan coloured Chateau is finished in time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:02:09 GMT

Joel Jacobsen wrote:

In lugnet.general, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
For the Lego®-fair in Muelheim/Germany on April the 22nd, I had prepared a new
building for the FGLTCs train layout. This has been presented today at the
meeting in Mülheim

You will find pictures of the day there in at least 4 new galleries by
different visitors at brickshelf.

For the chateau I have created a gallerie at the most important German net
address at www.1000steine.de .

You will find some pictures of the building process, of some building details
and of the finished building under the URL:
http://195.88.140.13/gallery/g72/

The text is so far just in German, but there is nothing of any importance you
will miss, if don't understand it...

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Leg Godt!

Ben

Ben -

That is amazing! I love the design and the statues above the doorway add a
nice touch.

I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said, but you did an
excellent job! :)

Joel J

Well I will add something that hasn't been said,  I think that the blue roof
complements the tan color quite nicely.  This is an outstanding example of why LEGO
Direct needs to get us some STEEP SLOPED ROOF pieces, always one of the harder to
find pieces IMHO.  I bought 12 of the old Blacksmith shops about 12 years ago just
to get the 2 steep sloped 2x2x3 red corners, and the 2 thin 1x2x3 red slopes.  I
still can't build anything of significance of these pieces because I cannot get my
hands on any quantity of the 2x2x3 steep red slopes, probably one of the harder to
find steep slopes.

As for the blue slopes, they are more plentiful, but unless you want to spend a
fortune, they are best found on the secondary market.  I have about 120 of these
now, with 50 of them corners.  The blue color makes for a nicer slate color than
the dark gray (IMO).

Anyway, yes Ben has done an outstanding job.  I am always glad to see people
building historic structures out of Lego.  Great pictures of all the Mühlheim Lego
buildings!

Gary Istok