 General / 29735
Re: All Your Brick Are Belong To Us?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:39:53 GMT

Selçuk Göre at ssgore@superonline.com wrote:

So what's thing that great with this phrase? I'm not a native English
speaker and I really don't get it. (is there an analogy between "base"
and "butt"?)

Selçuk

No, the humor comes from the fact that it was a Japanese game that was
translated rather badly into English. Instead of saying "We control all your
bases" it was written "All your base are belong to us."

It's really not terribly funny all  by itself, but the Flash movies that
were created are pretty amusing, IMO.

~1st Lieutenant, Fleebnork Division Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego