Re: All Your Brick Are Belong To Us?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 07:32:13 GMT

So what's thing that great with this phrase? I'm not a native English
speaker and I really don't get it. (is there an analogy between "base"
and "butt"?)

Selçuk

Mark Sandlin wrote:

Dave Schuler at orrex@excite.com wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, James Simpson writes:

Have some fun!  All Your Brick... :)

I hate to ask a stupid question, but what is that phrase in reference to?

It's funny you should ask!  In the space of a week I saw that phrase on
about a dozen different (and I mean really different from each other)
websites, and none of them gave any indication of the origin!  I was afraid
even to ask someone; I didn't mind seeming "unhip" if this was a phrase
everyone knows, but I didn't even know if it was something obscene:

ME: Do you know what "All your base are belong to us" means?
BOSS: You're fired.

I finally found a site discussing it, but now I can't find the link.  The
phrase, among others, comes from the badly translated captions of a video
game now several years obsolete.  I'll try and find a link.  The cool thing,
as far as I'm concerned, is that English-speakers probably do that sort of
muddled translation into Japanese all the time...

Dave!

http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/

click the "video 1" or "video 2" links.

~1st Lieutenant, Fleebnork Division Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego