Re: All Your Brick Are Belong To Us?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:58:38 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, James Simpson writes:

Have some fun!  All Your Brick... :)

I hate to ask a stupid question, but what is that phrase in reference to?

  It's funny you should ask!  In the space of a week I saw that phrase on
about a dozen different (and I mean really different from each other)
websites, and none of them gave any indication of the origin!  I was afraid
even to ask someone; I didn't mind seeming "unhip" if this was a phrase
everyone knows, but I didn't even know if it was something obscene:

  ME: Do you know what "All your base are belong to us" means?
BOSS: You're fired.

  I finally found a site discussing it, but now I can't find the link.  The
phrase, among others, comes from the badly translated captions of a video
game now several years obsolete.  I'll try and find a link.  The cool thing,
as far as I'm concerned, is that English-speakers probably do that sort of
muddled translation into Japanese all the time...

     Dave!