 General / 29034
Re: LUGOLA March 24th meeting a HUGE success!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 15:23:35 GMT

Bryce, can you ask Dave next time you see him?

I know we filled it about 4 months ago!

Tom Stangl, VFAQman <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message
Since Dave Johann is still alive, evidently, can you ask him to update you • with
status on the various Jambalaya boxes?  He supposedly has at least one in • his
possession, and he was going to send me a LUG box last year, but I still • haven't
seen it.  If he no longer has email access, can he at least take the time • to
update someone who DOES, so they can let the rest of us know what is going • on?

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Dave Johann writes:
Odd happenings regardig the *LUG box. Last night I got home late, • found a
pair
of packages on my doorstep and brought them inside. I was too tired • to
deal . with
anything last night, so I left them alone 'til morning. I was • surprised
to . find
that one of them was the *LUG box I sent off to GardenSLUG earlier • this
week. . I
don't know why I got the box back, because it doesn't have any • markings
of
'undeliverable' on it. This might be one of the oddest things I've • ever
has
happen with regards to the USPS. There is no time to get it to • GardenSLUG
. before
their meeting, so they are being by-passed this time (sorry guys). • Up
next-
BayLUG. I'll be shipping it out to Tom Stangl within 72 hours.

Did the box make it to Tom and BayLUG?  Their meeting is this • Saturday,
12/9.
Calling for box status!  Whoop!  Whoop!  :-)

Brad Hamilton wrote:

Hi,

We had a huge meeting with 24 people in attendance (plus several • neighbors
that stopped by).  It felt more like a mini LEGO convention rather than • a
little get-together!

If you want to look at the raw pics, then they are here:

Otherwise, here is a commentary:

Here is a group shot:

Starting from the left:
Brad Hamilton (me)
My wife Shelly
Henri Lim (glasses & black shirt)
Adrian Egli (gray shirt)
Dan Jassim (Bottom - tan shirt)
Jimmy (in back of Adrian - dark gray shirt)
Betty (Jimmy's girlfriend - black shirt)
Bryce Mcglone (front - light shirt)
Rod Ripley (back - stocking cap)
Rick Kujawa (back - red shirt)
Jason Southerland (green shirt)
Brian Stokes (front - blue shirt)
Scott Costello (back - striped shirt)
Robert Powell (front - Blue Flowered shirt)
Dave Johann (back - sunglasses)
Raquel (Robert Powell's girlfriend)
Robert Powell's daughter (sorry - I didn't get the name)
John Gramley (green shirt in back)
Susan Michon (front - white shirt)
Thomas Michon
David Michon
Ted Michon

Also, not shown:
Clark Stephans and girlfriend, Morgan

Here is the location.  One can see the action stirring in the garage. • The
meeting was held in the garage, back yard, living room, family room, and • an
upstairs room - basically the entire house and yard!

Here is a bridge that Adrian Egli brought:

Here is Dan Jassim setting up his awsome new spaceship (he will be • posting
more detailed pics):

Here is a smaller group picture:

Here is a 6'x4' space base brought by the Michon family.  It had working
lights and they shined black light on it to show off the trans parts.

This is Rick Kajawa's tower and Adrian Egli and John Gramley standing • next
to it.

Clark and his girlfriend, plus Jimmy's girlfriend (Betty) scavenging • through
some of my LEGO

The Michon family going through some of Jimmy's parts (Betty is also • there
sorting them)

Susan Michon and Rick Kajawa going through some of Brian Stoke's LEGO

David Johan and Scott Costello chatting in front of Dave's creations. • The
big gray area is Bryce's super-secret new mech that I'm not allowed to
disclose:

Pictures of train stuff brought by Adrian Egli, John Gramley, and Robert
Powell

I was giving guided tours of Bricktopia, but I didn't take any new • shots.
You can see the usual ones here:
http://members.home.net/hmltn1/topia/topia.htm

A few other folks took pictures that they are going to post.

Thanks to everyone who made this meeting such a resounding success!!!!

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/