 General / 27544
27543  |  27545
Subject:
Brickbay experiences
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 22:09:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Jonathan Lopes writes:
Wow, that's a little bitter.  I would concede that some sellers on Brickbay
charge more than others (and more than I do) but I don't think I'd
characterize the general buying experience at Brickbay as "highway robbery".
And I'd back up my opinion with almost 200 sales - with the overwhelming
majority of them to (based on their feedback) happy customers.

What do you base your opinion on?

I base my opinion on what a part is worth to me, only to me.
My statement was misinterpreted, my only point, and I stress only point was
the prices are too high for me. I am not slamming any individual whatsoever,
in fact with Brickbays success, if anyone is slammed it's me (and my opinion
& price expectations)

Thanks anyway

I think you could be a little more grateful to someone who took the time out
of his day to do a search for you and tell you you could find *exactly* what
you're looking for - in the quantities you're looking for.

I did say 'thanks' and meant it sincerely.

I will reiterate, I have had no bad experience on Brickbay & actually never
said I did. The prices are just to high for ME.

Thanks
Jonathan

     I've used Brickbay once so far.  Although I didn't quite follow
instructions correctly, I still recieved my order in a timely manner.  It
was a minnimum order, testing the waters so to speak.  Dwayne was probably
upset with me, but he didn't show it in his confirmation e-mail, which
included details on what I had done wrong (sorry if I spelled the name
incorrectly).
     In my search for useful, interesting, and cheap parts, I found some
pros and cons.  Please keep in mind, this is not a rant of any sort.  If I
ever get my finances straightened out, I'll be making very liberal use of
Brickbay...I am a very happy customer.
     Here are some points of interest:
     Minimum orders...I understand fully the need to establish minimum
orders.  However, anyone trying to find small quantities of a few different
parts may have to order from several sellers to get what he/she wants.  In
my ignorance, I tried to fill my shopping cart from two differnt sellers...I
am now confident that the minimum order is per seller, and not spread out
over several.
     Colors...I noticed several sites seemed to confuse trans yellow and
trans neon green/yellow or antifreeze.  At first I thought that purhaps this
was due to tlg replacing trans yellow with trans neon...then I remembered
some of the Knights Kingdom sets I purchased had trans yellow cones.  I was
surprised, though not dissapointed, that some of the trans yellow pieces I
ordered (I thought they were parts I had missed while in my dark age and
failed to look the numbers up in the parts ref.) were actually neon.
     Availability...I am entirly pleased that I discovered Brickbay.
Although not every piece may not be up for sale, I found enough variety
there to make me want to be a regular customer.  I would much rather use
Brickbay rather than E-bay (which is good for set collectors or as a last
resort).
~Kirby~