 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 10011
Re: Tan 1x1 tiles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:56:01 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Jonathan Lopes writes:

I base my opinion on what a part is worth to me, only to me.

Then a much clearer and less charged way to express what I think you meant
to say might be:

I find the prices for things on Brickbay to be higher than what I'm willing
to pay.

My statement was misinterpreted, my only point, and I stress only point was
the prices are too high for me. I am not slamming any individual whatsoever,
in fact with Brickbays success, if anyone is slammed it's me (and my opinion
& price expectations)

I think you might want to find other uses of the term "highway robbery" and
consider its use and apparent meaning.  I'd have to say that I interpreted
your words correctly - "highway robbery" isn't something one normally sees
in anything other than a "man, they're practically stealing from people"
kind of way.

Glad you cleared it up, though.  There are plenty of good deals (and honest
sellers) to be found at Brickbay.  Market forces kinda dictate that to a
certain degree.

I did say 'thanks' and meant it sincerely.

Ok, I did a little misinterpretation there - sorry.  Given the "highway
robbery" item and the conotation it carries, I'm sure you understand.

I will reiterate, I have had no bad experience on Brickbay & actually never
said I did. The prices are just to high for ME.

As they are for me, truth be told.  I would never pay 18 cents for a Tan 1x1
tile.  I'd just buy 10 copies of the Snowspeeder set, keep the tiles, and
sell the rest.

Nothing wrong with not wanting to spend a lot on things - and at the same
time selling things at or near what the market allows isn't a bad thing.  :)

Peace.