 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 10040
Re: Tan 1x1 tiles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 22:03:57 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

<snip>

I even took a little time to look into this.  The seller who has 21 of them
is Julie Krenz - you won't find a seller more polite or trustworthy.

Ah, I must chime in and "me too" Mike here.  I have spent $100s in Julie's shop
(I call her "KrenZILLA;)  and consider her one of the very best (if not the
best) parts bursters.  Most of my MOCs have at least some and often 100s of
parts I have purchased from her:-)

She
has them for 18 cents each, which may seem high to you (doesn't to me) but
considering the fact that it looks like you get 3 of them in a $20 set, I'm
not sure paying a whopping $3.60 for 20 of them instead of having to buy 7
copies of the set is all that bad a deal.

If any one else has tan 1x1 tiles, I'm still interested.

How much are you looking to pay for each Tan 1x1 tile?  Maybe you could make
an offer to buy here and someone would hook you up.

Yes, there is a sad economic law going on here, Jonathan.  If 1x1 tan tiles
aren't worth .18 a piece to you, you will never own them.  Your only recourse
is to follow Mike's advice and burst sets that contain them yourself and sell
of the rest of the parts.  That way, you would probably get your tiles for
free-- less your sweat equity in time invested.  But for all of that work,
$3.78 (21 x .18) is SO worth it.  You will learn that, eventually.

-John