 General / 27456
Re: WWII Creations: Panzer III and Stuka
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:14:41 GMT

Thanks!  I'm very pleased with how it turned out - getting the gull-wing
shape the way it looks now took over three weeks exclusively, during which
time I refused to work on any other aspect.  Once I stumbled upon the design,
the rest took about a weekend, with another two weeks thrown in for tweaking
and final details.

I really should try and even out my forces a little bit - right now, the
Allies have only a jeep and a dodge truck to pit against the German recon
squad.  Prior to the addition of some of these vehicles, Eric Joslin and I
did have a Brikwars game using these models.  Interetingly enough, the Allies
won - although I tend to think that outcome a little less likely given that
the Germans now have another halftrack, another command car, a tank, and a
dive bomber.

As for a B-17, Joe Davenport has already done a fantastic one ... you can
check it out at:  http://208.167.185.36/B17.html .  He also has a WWII-era
fighter linked at the bottom of his page, which looks great as well.

Thanks again!
Shaun

Xanthra47 wrote:

Shaun,
    The Stuka is amazing !  IMHO, your best model yet and that's saying
something because your other stuff is great.

                                        -Xanthra47

PS.  Do you take requests ?  Since you're done with German hardware, how
'bout at B-17G Flying Fortress ?  I had to ask : )

I've also finished my German Ju-87B Stuka Dive Bomber, and put pictures
of it up as well: