 General / 27238
Re: Lego desk owner identity revealed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:35:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Harshbarger writes:

To clarify a few things:
1) The company contracted me, not the individual.
2) The individual (Darrell Cavens) was not pulling a 'power-trip' to try
to get the desk. The company initiated the offer original (after they
heard he was a LEGO fan -- it's a long story I won't go into).
3) Yes, my website is currently dead to the world because of this
slashdot-ting.
4) Oh, and technically, I am not a member of LUGNET (whoever was batting
that around) [grin]

mystery solved, I guess.

Feh!  There could be hundreds of desks like that floating around!  And
we've still never proven that this "Eric Harshbarger" person actually exists.

What this "Eric Harshbarger" person fails to mention in his clarifications is
that (if what I read is true) he has a math degree!  A master's!  So, if he
DOES indeed exist, then at least according to Larry, he is a Geek.

Maggie C.