 General / 27226
Re: Lego desk owner identity revealed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:47:00 GMT

Yep, that's the desk. That's the guy. That's the company. Rather
coincidental that it got revealed via a webpage on Sun Microsystems
considering they used to be my employer...

To clarify a few things:
1) The company contracted me, not the individual.
2) The individual (Darrell Cavens) was not pulling a 'power-trip' to try
to get the desk. The company initiated the offer original (after they
heard he was a LEGO fan -- it's a long story I won't go into).
3) Yes, my website is currently dead to the world because of this
slashdot-ting.
4) Oh, and technically, I am not a member of LUGNET (whoever was batting
that around) [grin]

mystery solved, I guess.

cheers,

eric

Steve Demlow wrote:

I haven't seen anyone else post about this... Slashdot provided a link from

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/01/30/2318217&mode=nocomment

http://dcb.sun.com/practices/casestudies/bluenile_part1.jsp

which shows one Darrell Cavens, CTO of Blue Nile, sitting at his Lego desk.
So apparently this is who contracted Eric Harshbarger to create the desk.

Eric's original desk site appears to be slashdotted at the moment.

Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/

Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org

"Oh please, if people are going to start telling the truth around
here... I'm going to bed." - Jackie-O (Parker Posey, THE HOUSE OF YES)