 General / 27044
Re: What every lego town is missing....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:55:06 GMT

Amy Hughes wrote:

In lugnet.build, Ray Sanders writes:
A WalMart Super Center ?  Can anyone afford that many grey bricks ?
How would we MOC the <ahem> post-modern collection of jallopies in the
parking lot ?

The $40,000 SUV parked in the cross-walk with the "music" blaring doesn't
qualify as a jallopy, and shouldn't be too difficult to MOC.

Oh, you said "in the parking lot", not "on the sidewalk". Nevermind.

In Reston, VA there is guy who drives his hum-vee (sp?) around town taking up more then his allotted lane of traffic.  Anyway, many mornings he goes
to the Starbucks in the Barnes and Noble for his cup of coffee.  Most of the parking spaces in the lot are too small for him to fit into, so he drives
around and around the lot, tying up the parking lot traffic, until one space that has a short sidewalk next to it frees up and then he drives up and
places one side of his vehicle on the sidewalk essentially blocking it from pedestrian use. I've seen other instances where he drives up over some
juniper plants that are planted in the median.

Perhaps I will model some of the retaliatory images I have had about this guy.

-chris