 Town / 2205
Re: What every lego town is missing....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:09:46 GMT

In lugnet.town, Erik Olson writes:

In lugnet.build, Christopher Tracey writes:
While I do agree that these are great models (I thought it was a picture of a real home depot in  the brickshelf gallery thumbnail), I have to
disagree that every lego town needs one of these.  I typically model dense urban areas where these stores would look out of place.  If every LEGO town
had one of these, what would we have?-  oh yeah a model of the real world. ;)

Real World...

I don't have to have brand-name stores, but I want my town to have:

More than 1 laundromat
At least 2 Chinese Take-out
Probably 3 pizza places
An extra diner if I can fit one in (I've got 1 now)
More real estate agencies than houses
A phone parlor and a travel agency or two

If I'm feeling really mean, I'll build a tax consultant.

The hard part is illustrating what the shop does on a tiny little sign out
front.

And more pawn shops than real estate agencies.

Or the place I passed in Daytona Beach once, a strip center consisting of a
gun shop, a pawn shop, and a mattress store.

junior