 General / 26965
Re: Trivia: The First Junior Brick?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 01:26:11 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:

   Does anyone know when the first POOPs (Piece [that can be
   made] Of Other Pieces) appeared in a LEGO set?  What were
   they?  And were the pseudo-POOPs (like the inverse buckets
   above) that require their POOP nature to perform a function
   really the first step towards the Juniorization we love to
   hate?

   Fire away, LEGO historians!

Well I'm no expert but for as far back as I can remember (and was around
in the online LEGO community) the first POOP that people REALLY
complained about was the infamous BURP[1].  Correct me if I'm wrong, but
I believe that the BURP acronym was around long before the POOP acronym,
and that after the BURP (or at least at approximately the same time as)
was introduced, it was a general concensus(sp?) that LEGO was exhibiting
a disturbing trend of manufacturing more different types of POOPs that
decreased the overall versatility of any set that contained said
pieces.  Any thoughts or additions?

[1] BURP - Big Ugly Rock Piece
--
-TiM