 General / 26961
Re: Trivia: The First Junior Brick?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:01:06 GMT

The 1x2x5 columns would fit this criteria. I would have to check when they
first showed up in Fire or Police stations.

Rose
Mr L F Braun wrote in message ...

  Hi all,

  Today I received a package from Sonnich Jensen in Estonia
  (Thanks Sonnich!) containing four of the Classic Space
  trans-dk-blue 6x5x2 inverse 33 1/3 slope "buckets".  I love
  these pieces, but it got me thinking:  they're borderline
  POOPs in that one could build the same form from standard
  bricks, albeit not one of the same appearance.  So I have
  a question for the masses to which I don't know the answer:

  Does anyone know when the first POOPs (Piece [that can be
  made] Of Other Pieces) appeared in a LEGO set?  What were
  they?  And were the pseudo-POOPs (like the inverse buckets
  above) that require their POOP nature to perform a function
  really the first step towards the Juniorization we love to
  hate?

  Fire away, LEGO historians!

  best,

  Lindsay