 General / 26960
Trivia: The First Junior Brick?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 22:37:57 GMT

   Hi all,

   Today I received a package from Sonnich Jensen in Estonia
   (Thanks Sonnich!) containing four of the Classic Space
   trans-dk-blue 6x5x2 inverse 33 1/3 slope "buckets".  I love
   these pieces, but it got me thinking:  they're borderline
   POOPs in that one could build the same form from standard
   bricks, albeit not one of the same appearance.  So I have
   a question for the masses to which I don't know the answer:

   Does anyone know when the first POOPs (Piece [that can be
   made] Of Other Pieces) appeared in a LEGO set?  What were
   they?  And were the pseudo-POOPs (like the inverse buckets
   above) that require their POOP nature to perform a function
   really the first step towards the Juniorization we love to
   hate?

   Fire away, LEGO historians!

   best,

   Lindsay