 General / 26777
Re: Collection status and time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:25:10 GMT

In article <G7DEMI.97G@lugnet.com>,
Felipe Coury <fcoury@creation.com.br> wrote:
I am very curious about the pace that my collection grows then I decided to
do a quick survey in order to compare.

Can you guys tell us approximatedly how many pieces you have and how long
have you been collecting them?

Fewer than I thought, I think. This week I went through and looked up set
numbers and piece counts and added up how many pieces I should have given
all the set instructions I have.

The number was much smaller than I expected. Thankfully, I think.

I'd done this a few years ago, and wound up with on the order of 20,000
pieces; this time around, it's 36,000 pieces.

This doesn't count the pieces from my childhood that I don't have set
instructions for.  That's why I said "fewer than I thought, I think."

How long have I been collecting? Uh... I came out of the dark ages in...
uh... 1994? 1995? All those sets that I have instruction manuals for have
been purchased since then.

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <