 General / 26829
Re: Collection status and time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:57:58 GMT

Felipe Coury wrote:

Hi,

I am very curious about the pace that my collection grows then I decided to
do a quick survey in order to compare.

Can you guys tell us approximatedly how many pieces you have and how long
have you been collecting them?

TIA,

--
Felipe G. Coury
Gerente de Desenvolvimento

Visite o GuiaBrasil.Net:
http://www.guiabrasil.net

Hmm... Well, I've been collecting since I was 7 years old. I'm 22 now. I
just counted last night, and I found that I have 223 individual sets.
This doesn't count repeated buyings (which I do rarely, but may account
for about 10 more sets) or tubs, individual bulk purchases (Oh YEAH
those 10 pumpkin sets I bought), miscellaneous I've inherited/picked up
from garage sales over the years, OR the 223 BURPs I've purchased in the
last week. It does include to antique (to me) Technic sets, as well as
my one original basic set, who's number I forgot and don't have written
down right now. Damn. Basically, I got together all my instructions from
Lego "Sanctioned" sets and here's what turned out:

Town 37
Divers 1
Arctic 2
Alpha Team (?) (That new one you got for large S@H orders) 1
Race 1
Boats 5
Trains 9
Ninja 9
Pirate 15
Adventurers 22
Wild West 12
Shell sets 8
McDonald's 9
Space 9
Castle 36
Star Wars (shocked me) 25
Rock Raiders 8
Time Cruisers 1
Aquanauts 5
Technic 8

Now, I KNOW I've seen this discussed a half million times, but.... When
entering your sets into MY Collection here on LugNet, is there any way
to do it quickly and in a bulk manner? I've got ALL my set numbers, I
just don't look forward to the prospect of loading each sets page and
then inputting number owned and then searching for another, and
inputting number owned, and sear- I think you get it.

Matt