 General / 26281
  What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

Hello, **Warning: Hypothetical situation only!** I was speaking with a friend last night and we were wondering what would happen if TLC bought the rights to Lugnet? Given: 1. The recurring examples of TLC staff refering customers to Lugnet, 2. TLC (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

Why would they bother - it probably serves their purposes right now (remember TLC has given funds to LUGNET). If it were to become part of Lego.com, Lego would either have to moderate some of the views spouted here (about Lego and other matters), or (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) The first thing I would do is find a way to guilt them into picking up bar tabs from now on. But after that, I think my interest in Lugnet would remain about constant- as long as TLC was simply the monetary force behind Lugnet, and nothing (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) <snip> (...) If nothing changed, I would shrug, and go on with life. If there were any significant changes in design or policy, I'd probably regress to RTL, and wait for some AFOL with the time and resources to start up LUANET (or something). (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) I would say Woo Hoo! for Todd and Suzanne!!! Then ask for a loan ;-). Hypothetically its a topic for discussion but realistically I doubt it would happen. The bad of course would be that LEGO would undoubtedly monitor, and censor, content so (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) They could send us plane tickets along with the wedding invites to LLC. ;^) I think TLC would likely "Juniorize" the place. *shudder* ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  (canceled)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) Yes but T&S would have to want to sell it. (...) knight. This is an interesting point. I wonder how much LUGNET is worth to TLC. I expect it increases sales in a small way - I wonder by how much though? Anyone any idea/willing to guess? (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Kevin Zwicker wrote in message ... (...) Just to qualify this: LUGNET is the centre of the ADULT Lego community on the Web. In spite of what's said on here about Lego's own website, they get a very large number of hits and it's a very popular and (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) Hmm. This would mean that there would be a large number of newsgroups, each specially designed for a specific purpose. Wait, we've already got that. Steve (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

No, it means that they'd put Flash all over the site, and menus that loaded REAAAALLL slow, and generally muck up a perfectly good setup. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Kevin Zwicker" <kevin1@netrover.com> wrote in message news:G708KC.J3B@lugnet.com... (...) I would be happier if Lugnet bought TLC Then at least we might seem some decent sets :-) regards lawrence (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) Well, one things for sure- If Lugnet bought TLC, we'd never again wonder what theme a given sub-theme was in, as the new nesting logos would clearly tell us where it belonged. eric (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) Bad, methinks, for us LUGNETers. I think that the level of freedom and topic range would be more exposed to censor. I don't think that LUGNET should EVER be sold, and I'm willing to put my money forth just to keep it the way it is. LUGNET is (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) I don't think it means very much to them. --Todd (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) No, LEGO would just gives us a few silly words that only work in a few situations and expect us to create meaningful conversations with those words ;) Chris (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) Don't be so negative Todd... that's my job here :-) Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

I probably shouldn't even reply to this thread, but it just caused me to choke and spit Quaker oatmeal [1] at my Mac. three words: Ain't Gonna Happen But if it did, I can imagine... the news cameras surrounding us, microphones, a reporter screaming, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) I know what it would be like, because I've visted www.lego.com. I would have to use a WWW interface only (no NNTP etc) and to select a particular newgroup, I would have to click a large image representing that group. The download of these (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> To get off track here slightly but... I'm just curious, because I've seen the Mania mag reference for collecting the specially marked packets of Q-O to get the LOM set, but I haven't seen the Q-O boxes yet that have TLC (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

<trimmed newsgroups> (...) I found the promotion only on the dinosaur eggs kiddie flavor. I haven't decided yet if I'll actually try one of those packets. The packets can come from any flavor. (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) BWAHAHAAA...AAA!!!...!!! That made me laugh out loud at work... Thanks a lot Kerry, people are looking now! Matt (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) They are ok if you want a major sugar rush. The coating around them that disolves is all sugar, and the inside is basically candy, more sugar.. I just toss those parts out before putting the water in. Though I haven't seen anything about LoM (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) Well, *good*! (...) ROFL!! And, it sure would!! -Shiri (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  flavors of oatmeal that have promo offer on them (was: Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?)

(...) I found mine on a box of "Maple & Brown Sugar" flavor. (Still too sweet for me. I prefer regular flavor and add my own walnuts and raisins.) /Eric McC/ (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: flavors of oatmeal that have promo offer on them (was: Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?)

(...) Ditto for me. Though you only need one (original) order form and as many packets of any flavor as you can eat. Just send all of the packets with the order form. There is a space to write in how many packets you are including and how many sets (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: flavors of oatmeal that have promo offer on them (was: Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?)

(...) My area seems to be stocked up on the Apple & Cinnamon flavor, okay for a while but after I eat about fifty bags I will HAVE to see if I can find a store with other flavors. There was some form of ad for this in the latest Mania Magazine too. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo)

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3A65DA64.7A5F@m...ing.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I thought I posted about this earlier but it appears that I did not. I found the LoM Oat Meal promotion in Apples and Cinnamon at (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) Last night when I stopped at Lowes they had the Apple & Cinnamon with the deal also. 24 packs won't be too hard for me. I use two packs for a breakfast so that's only 12 breakfasts, and I'm a cereal kind of guy (but not a serial killer, nor a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)