 General / 2612
Re: Packaging
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 02:57:29 GMT

Kim Toll writes:
FWIW, I only keep the box itself (the outside shell, with the printing on
it).  I don't keep any of the plastic bags or plastic trays. And if I buy a
used set in an auction that says 'with box', I only assume that they have
the outer shell of the box, not the inner cardboard tray, or plastic trays.
Nor do I expect it to come with any of the collateral material (other than
the instructions).

I tend to keep the outer shell, and inner tray - which I use for storage of my
parts. Plastic bags are easilly substituted with ziplock type bags if you were
trying to recreate a set. Plastic trays I used to keep, but these took up so
much space that I have now disposed of them all, and continue to do so as I
receive new sets.
When buying used kits (I have managed to refrain online so far - helps my bank
balance), what matters to me is the pieces, and instructions. If a box is
included this raises the value somewhat, but bags/plastic trays do not.
Likewise catalogues and fliers, whilst nice, would not make me pay more.

I personally keep one of each catalog or flyer that come in sets, but I
don't keep multiples.  They just pile up too quickly.

I tend to keep all catalogues/flyers in case of possible trades/sales, and
maybe even to cut up and make a collage sometime in the future to cover the
boxes/folders in which I store the instructionms.

If I was to end up selling sets - might happen soon as I graduate this summer
and so will hopefully have more money/space, they are likely to be advertised
as either Mint - no seals broken, or used parts and instructions in a used box.
Catalogue/flyers from that year included on request for an extra $ or two.