 General / 26111
Re: New Roborider, Lego racers found
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 22:52:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Lill writes:
My main reason for posting though is too mention that the image seen at

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8516

is of the secondary model, not the primary model. Worse yet, the images in
every catalog I've seen feature only the bottom half of the secondary model,
a gross misrepresentation of the set. See:

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/techrobo06.jpg

Undoubtedly Lego is shooting themselves in the foot with this error.

The problem is that nobody working on the RoboRiders talks to anyone else
working on the RoboRiders.  What exactly ARE they?  What's up with the dudes
on the wheels?  And who exactly do they fight?  Nobody knows, as Lego can't
make up its collective mind.

My personal take on it is: The Boss is actually a new enemy for the Slizers,
and that the RoboRiders are a new form taken by Amazon, Electro, Jet, and
Granite to better combat the new threat (let's say they were in transition
when Blaster, Spark, Flare, and Millennia came around, and that's why they
were left off the scene on the backs of the boxes).  Then something happens
to Turbo and Scuba (they probably become Bionacle sets somehow ^_^) and
Torch and Ski become RoboRiders.  And the wheels are the same as with the
throwing discs: they're just different because they are.

Incidentally, by combining two RoboRiders, four Throwbots, and a bunch of
spare parts, you can get some seriously interesting Slizers.

-Andy &&