 General / 26020
Re: New Roborider, Lego racers found
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 10:57:56 GMT

Well as part of my "must get at least one of every Slizer" obsession :) I
have gotten at least one of every roborider and I must say that my dad likes
them better than me.
Don't get me wrong because I am getting more to make all the
comboriders. Its just the solid body slabs are frustrating and he likes
motorcycles.
--
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D.who has had this in his drafts folder for a few days.

"Jonathan Lill" <jonathanl@myriadweb.com> wrote in message
I was at Walmart this weekend as part of my post-holiday trolling, looking
for all those odd sets that pop up on the shelves when everything new is
sold out and I found the new Roborider boss, #8516
and one of the new racer sets, I forget which one since I have so little
interest that I didn't even want to fork over the $3 or $4 for it.

The Boss Roborider is quite neat as it consists basically of three • separate
bikes which attach together to form a trike. All three use a worm gear to
allow the rear axle to change position. This is the first roborider I have
purchased. I like it because back when I was a kid and I had the big • Technic
harvester with solid rubber wheels. And the most fun I had with it was
building unbreakable two wheelers and throwing them down the hallway in
races. Build this set and you automatically have three bikes to race • against
each other.

My main reason for posting though is too mention that the image seen at

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8516

is of the secondary model, not the primary model. Worse yet, the images in
every catalog I've seen feature only the bottom half of the secondary • model,
a gross misrepresentation of the set. See:

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/techrobo06.jpg

Undoubtedly Lego is shooting themselves in the foot with this error.

I'd love to hear some comments from people who have bought other • roboriders
to see how this compares and from people who have bought the racers.

Jonathan