 General / 25964
Re: A LEGO Collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 18:35:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Wallendorff writes:
Just curious on what other people think makes a good LEGO Collection.
Should you have certain sets in it or if you only own one and that one makes
you happy, then do you have a good LEGO Collection. If you had to make a
list, what would you consider to be the top 10 LEGO sets of all time.  Pleas
post or e-mail me your answers.

There are some who collect LEGO in anticipation of an increase in value,
while others, like myself, who has no intention of liquidating my collection
for profit.  So I say if a set or group of sets gives a person great
enjoyment then that would be a good collection.  I do have an exeption to
this.  If there is a certain theme(s) which a person enjoys, and it is
whithin a person's means, then I would suggest getting one of the larger
sets of the theme(s).  For example if my favorite theme is space then I
would would try and a 497 Galaxy Explorer.  Or say Technic is my favorite
theme then maybe a 8880 Super Car would be up my alley.  I say this because
1. it will add a substancial amount of pieces the a theme you enjoy
building, and 2. it adds a little prestige to the collection.

Now here is my Top 10 LEGO Sets of All Time (in no particular order)
1.  497  Galaxy Explorer
2.  8880 Super Car
3.  8448 Super Street Sensation
4.  6285 Black Seas Barracuda