 General / 25967
Re: A LEGO Collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 19:00:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Wallendorff writes:
Just curious on what other people think makes a good LEGO Collection.
Should you have certain sets in it or if you only own one and that one makes
you happy, then do you have a good LEGO Collection. If you had to make a
list, what would you consider to be the top 10 LEGO sets of all time.  Pleas
post or e-mail me your answers.

I think that having a good collection entails 2 distinct conditions. 1)
having the pieces you believe you need for your own constructs (things you
dream of building or currently in the process of creating). This also
encompasses the idea that you collect in variety to get unusual pieces, as
well as just the sets that you find visually appealing. 2) Completeness. If
you can only collect a percentage, hedge on the one avenue that you feel you
like the most. At least make yourself complete in that. I personally feel
certain level of respect for someone who has most or is complete in one area
or another (say, Technic).

That's what I think anyway.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****