 General / 25954
Re: A LEGO Collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 18:12:17 GMT

Chris Wallendorff wrote:

Just curious on what other people think makes a good LEGO Collection.
Should you have certain sets in it or if you only own one and that one makes
you happy, then do you have a good LEGO Collection. If you had to make a
list, what would you consider to be the top 10 LEGO sets of all time.  Pleas
post or e-mail me your answers.

I would say a "GOOD" Lego collection is whatever makes you happy with
your Lego collection. "One's man trash is another man's treasure."
Right? I mean, I've seen a number of dissenting remarks on LugNet
regarding Fright Knights, and how terrible they are, but those are the
sets that really got me back into castle and buying sets in general.
And, I personally enjoy them. I think they are fun, and yes rather
juniorized, but that leaves more room for imagination when recreating
with those same pieces.

I know that now, after my 2000 purchasing binges, my Lego collection
makes me extremely happy. I've picked up Trains, Castles (Yay Dark
Forest and Forestmen!!!), Pirates (Including a BSB), Star Wars and
almost the entire line of Adventurers. I love the variety of pieces and
the number of things I can create, and I love seeing those sets I lusted
after as a child but never saw because my parents, frankly, couldn't
afford them. The happiness I get when I see my completed models, or my
MOCs strewen about my room, that's what defines my Lego Collection as a
GOOD one!

Matt