 General / 25941
  A LEGO Collection

Just curious on what other people think makes a good LEGO Collection. Should you have certain sets in it or if you only own one and that one makes you happy, then do you have a good LEGO Collection. If you had to make a list, what would you consider (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A LEGO Collection

(...) To me, a good collection is one that has a variety of parts so that you can build things you enjoy. I never got into the whole "(theme) Complete" idea. It's about the building. Word to your minifig. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A LEGO Collection

(...) I would say a "GOOD" Lego collection is whatever makes you happy with your Lego collection. "One's man trash is another man's treasure." Right? I mean, I've seen a number of dissenting remarks on LugNet regarding Fright Knights, and how (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A LEGO Collection

(...) I agree completely. (...) Hmm. I get it on a visceral level- I have, at various times in my life, collected other things, so I know that having a complete set of something has a certain satisfaction to it. What I've never understood is (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A LEGO Collection

(...) There are some who collect LEGO in anticipation of an increase in value, while others, like myself, who has no intention of liquidating my collection for profit. So I say if a set or group of sets gives a person great enjoyment then that would (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A LEGO Collection

(...) I think that having a good collection entails 2 distinct conditions. 1) having the pieces you believe you need for your own constructs (things you dream of building or currently in the process of creating). This also encompasses the idea that (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A LEGO Collection

(...) I think you'll find that the only truly good collection of Lego is the one that has all of it. :) Actually, the real answer is whatever makes you happy. I've noticed primarily two distinct collecting styles- collecting for parts and collecting (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A LEGO Collection

A good LEGO collection is: Sets you love (Space Related for me) Sets you like (Most other sets, I however do NOT have the Insectoid or Time Travelers Sets) Sets that you thought looked cool (The Bigger Technic Sets) Anything else, you're not a (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A LEGO Collection

(...) Yup, I have to agree - I like town mostly, I play with them with my son, and the SW sets and other bigger sets are just too much for him right now. The town sets do him good - he loves cars and planes. So collect what you like. I think if you (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A LEGO Collection

(...) My top 10 sets would have to be (not in any particular order) 1.6973 ice planet 2002 deep space defender 2.black seas baracuda 3.7722 4.6073 knights castle 5.a shell gas station set, forget the # at the moment 6.8448 supercar I cant think of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)