 General / 25745
  Re: Digital Camera

(...) The Nikon cameras also have an excellent macro mode -- very nice for taking Lego pictures. Although many people are recommending Olympus's cameras, I personally find them to have terrible ergonomics. They may be fine if you're used to a (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Digital Camera

(...) Coming to the opposite conclusion: I appreciated the shape of the Olympus, and hated the Nikon shape. The Nikon swivel head was intriguing, but I got a better one-handed operating grip on the Olympus. The right half of the camera is wedge- (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Digital Camera

As far as macro shots go (especially LEGO) I use the LCD for composing the shot, since that gives me an SLR effect and what I see is almost exactly what I will get in my shot. With any non-SLR camera, macro mode is near useless since parallax is (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Digital Camera

(...) I couldn't disagree more. I *love* the swivel when composing shots from the LCD, which is what I do mostly. I wouldn't buy a digital camera without this feature. (And if you don't like the swivel, the Nikon 800 is still a nice camera -- most (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Digital Camera

(...) I'll speak up in favor of the 800 as well. I love it. I took it as my primary camera on my honeymoon (to London) and got some absolutely incredible shots. J (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Digital Camera

See also: (URL) has a reply by me extolling my 800 (...) I have an 800 and like it a lot. The only thing I miss from my older camera (now defunct) is the swivel feature. I believe the 950 has more additional features than just the swivel, though. I (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Digital Camera

(...) this (...) Me too. Well, I compose using the swivel usually, I can imagine circumstances that would lead me to buy a camera without the swivel, but it would be pretty powerful in other ways. (...) primary (...) My 950 is a pretty good camera. (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Digital Camera

(...) The 880 is great, it can record 40 sec movies, has 3.3 megapixels and 2.5 optical zoom. But the problem is how to download pictures. Sure I go into Adobe Photo Deluxe and open the file from My Camera and then save it, but I cant post any of (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Digital Camera

(...) What file format are you saving as? (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Digital Camera

(...) it claims to be saving it as a ".jpeg adobe photo deluxe adition" (23 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.publish)