 General / 25489
    Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business —Nathan McDowell
   (...) (from the last paragraph) "The danger is that this bid for long-term survival could impair Lego's greatest asset – its uniqueness and creativity. By hitching its name to other great brands, it may be diminishing its own." I've said that (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I believe (but am not sure) that the Swiss factory is a tool and die shop. That is, it doesn't produce parts, just molds for parts which are used in the molding plants worldwide. Switzerland has a reputation for producing some of the highest (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

         Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business —Bradley Dale
      (...) My Throwbots were made entirely in Switzerland, according to the boxes. That implies that the parts were made there, doesn't it? I think a lot of Technic parts are made in Switerland now. (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

          Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business —James Powell
       (...) Given the figures that we were kicking around before, the actual operation cost of the plant is likely NOT the largest price in making Lego. The machines are the investment, not the (molding floor) employees. The machines (it is HIGHLY (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

         Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business —Nathan McDowell
     (...) From reading the article again (a little closer this time) it says that the Swiss factory is one of two main factories (from what you've said- tool and die type factories) and from the article it looks like they are, in fact, planning to (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business —Frank Filz
   (...) I don't know, this entire article smells of sour grapes. The writer could just be repeating some off kilter remark someone else made. What I'd ask is what is the reputation of Independant News. Are they a respected publication, or are they a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business —Lawrence Wilkes
      "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:G5wIpG.B47@lugnet.com... (...) just (...) what is (...) are (...) Not a tabloid. Very high reputation regards lawrence (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business —Tom Stangl
   That's UKP 45K *in 1981* - that was a decent chunk of change. Lego could have paid them off because they actually admitted guilt, or because they figured it was cheaper than continuing the litigation. It definitely puts a new light on the whole Tyco (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business —Richard Marchetti
   (...) Yup, yup, yup... To my mind Tyco bricks stick together just as well, if not actually better, than do Lego bricks, and I actually have come to believe that the plastic might actually have been more resiliant than whatever TLC uses. And those (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business —Gary Istok
    (...) Richard is right about some of those TYCO pieces. The triangle and angle bricks are elements that are lightyears ahead of what LEGO uses for angle pieces. I bought a few of their red castle sets (red and gray pieces), and the towers and (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)