 General / 24927
Re: white hair & grey hair ...are these old folks only in one set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 14:29:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz wrote:

Deadmaker wrote:

In lugnet.general, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.general, Frank Filz wrote:

If we get into hats etc, then ooh boy, tons of new colors wanted...

How about wig pieces that are made to work with hats?  I'd love to have
minifigs that don't suddenly turn bald when I put a cap on them!

Playmobil got 'em, FWIW

I think it would be pretty hard for minifigs. There just isn't that much
room.

Yeah, I knew that.  Especially since the bottom of most all the hats reach
below the curve of the standard minifig head--there's nothing for a 'hair
clip' to hold onto.

But that's not my problem.  TLC can figure it the details.  I just want to
buy them.

At least the recent Race sets included both wigs and helmets.  That's a
step in the right direction.

Of course TLC's trend is to print hair on the minifig heads, which
is nice in some ways, and horrid in other ways.

I'd say more horrid than nice.  It's great for space minfigs, who've got a
helmet covering the rest of their pates.  But it looks silly for most other
minifigs, with just a hat.  And printed hair tends to look odd with wigs;
the two features don't blend well.

Steve