 General / 24387
Re: Blashemy? - Repairing LEGO Bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:42:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard W. Schamus writes:
In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.general, Jim Rosikiewicz writes: • <snip>
Other choices include Ambroid Proweld and Tenax 7R, both of which
are also solvents to be used with care.
This brings to mind another question; regardless of the potential
blasphemy of gluing separate LEGO bricks to create a single piece, what is
the prevailing wisdom on gluing broken bricks to repair them?

    Dave!

I'm curious as to where the Ambroid Proweld and or Tenax 7R might be
obtained.

  Up until about a year ago I worked at a hobby store in State College, PA
that sold both of these, as well as a host of cyanoacrylate solvents.  I've
seen Ambroid at a few other outlets, but I haven't really looked for Tenax
7R.  If you're interested I can give you an 800 number for the hobby store
(though it doesn't have much of a mail-order business to speak of) or a web
link (to possibly the most poorly-designed professional site you'll ever
visit.)  Let me know.  I'll also check around locally (Pittsburgh) to see if
any retailers carry either of these.

      Dave!