 General / 24384
Re: Blashemy? - Repairing LEGO Bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:20:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jim Rosikiewicz writes:

I found this on [Eric Harshbarger's] page..

"About 7 pounds of glue were used. Brand: Oatey, All-Purpose (PVC, CPVC, ABS)
Glue. "

In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh writes:
I know it is a bit taboo but I need to glue some LEGO  bricks together for
some Christmas ornaments I am giving to my family.  Can anyone suggest a
suitable glue?

  I have used jet glue (available at most hobby stores) with some success,
though, as a solvent, the glue can potentially foul the bricks if you're not
careful.  Other choices include Ambroid Proweld and Tenax 7R, both of which
are also solvents to be used with care.
  This brings to mind another question; regardless of the potential
blasphemy of gluing separate LEGO bricks to create a single piece, what is
the prevailing wisdom on gluing broken bricks to repair them?

     Dave!