 General / 24242
Re: New 2001 Lego Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 19:16:56 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Chris Maddison writes:
I just got my Nov.-Dec. Mania magazine in the mail yesterday, and inside was
an ad for the new Lego Racers.  <snip> Yuck.

It's not a bad idea in terms of concept only -- but it went sour fast in the
implementation.  It should have been more Big Daddy Roth and less junior, or
Duplo, or whatever...blech...(insert fake rubber vomit here).

And I really don't see the connection to the Race theme sets of this year.
Where is my green-haired Race babe Lucky, or Chip, or Wrench, or Barney the
buck-toothed wonder boy?  Where, Chris, where...?

I blame you, of course.

-- Richard