 General / 23680
Re: Concerning Juniorisation.. Where are we? & Crystal Ball gazing..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:02:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
What's wrong with Cyber Slam?  I thought they were challenging!  I guess I've
been playing with Town too long.

Unfortunately, some people tend to close their mind to new Technic ideas such as
creating a game out of it. This is the case with the lackluster sales of
Cyberslam. My enjoyment of it stemmed from 1) the colors and 2) the interactive
nature of the playets.

After all, how tough is it to wheel a simple car around? Technic sets have been
doing that for more than a decade. The second that Lego ventures away from that
vein, they get slammed for the decision (no pun intended). I think it took a lot
of guts for Lego to get creative with Technic. It backfired. Now we have to pay
the price in the form of cheap, simple, unimaginative kits. The upside to this
being the creation of new Technic parts to play with. Sorry, folks, I'll take
the new parts over 'yet another car' anyday. If I want to build a car, I'll
utilize all those classic Technic parts all over again. I'll probably find a way
to integrate the new stuff as well. :-)