 General / 234
Re: Some Questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 07:59:07 GMT

Dacta sells educational sets, most of which are overpriced for what pieces
they have in them.  However, they occasionally have a killer set like the
Minifigs are old Community Vehicles set that is worth the money.  Check
Kaplan online (http://catalog.kaplanco.com/) and search for LEGO to see
what they have.

NOTE that Kaplan lists 2 Community Vehicles sets - 89936 - LEGO® Community
Vehicles is the OLD style, not Town Jr, and I ordered one a few months ago
and got it no problem.  The 36338 - LEGO DACTA® Community Vehicles
absolutely SUCKS in comparison.

For Dacta Spare Parts, see my page at http://people.netscape.com/toms/

Oh, and green dragon wings do NOT exist.  It REALLY pisses me off that they
have black and green dragon bodies, and trans-orange, red, and black
wings.  WHERE THE HECK ARE THE GREEN WINGS AND RED BODIES???

Mike Stanley wrote:

Matt Marshall <Matt@rapturesoft.hypermart.net> wrote:
Hope none of these make me sound horribly stupid, but:
1) What is Dacta?

   The education department of Lego, some intresting stuff and some packs
from them. I think Mike Stanly has more info about them but I'm probaly
wrong about that.

You are.  :)  I Don't Know Jack about Dacta, to paraphrase one of my
favorite games.  Lots of other people do, though, and thanks for
helping to contribute to my reputation as all-knowing with respect to
things Lego.  :)

2) Do green dragon wings exist?
      Not being a big castle fan myself, but having looked at some of the
boxes I think that there are green dragon wings, in fact I've only seen
green dragons I have yet to see the black dragon.
Never seen green wings.  Wish I had.  :(

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide

--