 General / 2273
Re: Okay... I'm lost here.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 20:24:50 GMT

Simon Denscombe writes:
Sproaticus wrote:
If they are micro-fig scale then what are the small non-minifig promo
polybags then?  Do I have to invent the term milli-fig scale?

I wasn't aware of them.  I thought usage of "microfig" (as well as "minifig")
is pretty much unofficial.  Has "microfig" been used in Lego marketing
already?

Millifig scale proposal:
Uses a 2x2x1 45 degree slope piece as a window
Uses the inverted piece as part of a boat hull.

It's my understanding that physical scale is variable and up to the modeller.
Which works in my favor, 'cause microfig-scale is getting to be too big for
some of my models.  I'm serisouly thinking of terming my larger-scale
starships "nanofig-scale".  :-,

Goto Huw's promo site and look at the 1298 ? Advent Calendar which has
the widest range of the models I'm thinking of.  Also at the site choose
the Polybag catagory which has a wide selection.  I always thought this
was microfig scale - I was obviously wrong.

http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/huw/common/view.asp?Image=1298-1.jpg&DB=qrypromotional&P
ath=http://www.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/psd/&Format=promotional

Those are also good examples of microfig-scale.

Well, I've got some Modulex LEGO pieces from 1963 which are 1/3 smaller
then normal pieces and come in a variety of colours.  I wonder what
scale these are?

These, I would *love* to see!  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat