 General / 22001
Re: Just tell us...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:34:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Selçuk Göre writes:

Wow, that's nice, and it's amazing for me that you are still thinking
about it. I would have jumped on it, if it was me..:-)

  Income tax in Denmark is about 50%, the weather is terrible, Billund is in
the middle of nowhere... if it wasn't Lego I wouldn't even consider the job.

  Did I say anything about the room with *all* pieces available where you can
pick whatever you want and take it to your table ? They had boxes full of RCX
and motors (or simple bricks if you prefer) and you could just take them and
build wathever you want. If there's a heaven on earth, it's that room !

  There's an employees shop where you can buy all sets by the same price Lego
sells to the stores or even less if the box is damaged. Sometimes they also
have leftovers really cheap, when I was there they had the Technic Space
Shuttle for around US$ 40.

  Everyone I talked to was an AFOL and had some sort of MOC on their tables so
the work place seemed nice. Also, nobody liked Town Jr. but I only talked to
people from the computer department.

What is the area related, if it is not a secret, software development?

  Yes, software development and before you ask, it's not a CAD program.

And, if you accept the job, do they allow you to continue updating
LeoCAD?

  I've asked that and they told me that I could as long as I don't use any NDA
stuff and that my primary occupation remains working for them.

Anyway, congratulations again.

  Thanks, you should apply for a designer position. :)

Leonardo