 General / 21611
Re: Mailboxes vs. safes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 06:46:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.fabuland, sheree rosenkrantz wrote:

Steve Bliss <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote in message
[XPOST lugnet.fabuland]

In lugnet.general, SRC wrote:

See, THIS is a LEGO mailbox...    :-)

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=3786

Is that one or two pieces?  Used anywhere else?

Two pieces.  Wonderful isn't is!  The top to the mail box is used in 3633
the Fabuland Motor Boat.

Cool.  I noticed the top looked similar to various chest-lids (like in the
recent Belville Castle sets and (I think) Adventurers).  But I don't have
the Fabuland piece to check if it's the same, or just similar.

The chest-lids (and bottoms) of the Belville Sets are the same as the Fabuland
ones, only different colors. Also the mailbox top is similar to those
chest-lids, only a shorter version (4x4 vs. 6x4). The mailbox bottom is also
similar, but smaller size and with two cutouts, so the letters can go in the
mailbox. I don't know about the Adventurers chest, they are at least much
smaller, but might have a similar shape.

Sybrand Bonsma