 General / 21553
Re: Mailboxes vs. safes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:10:30 GMT

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.fabuland, sheree rosenkrantz wrote:

Steve Bliss <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote in message
[XPOST lugnet.fabuland]

In lugnet.general, SRC wrote:

See, THIS is a LEGO mailbox...    :-)

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=3786

Is that one or two pieces?  Used anywhere else?

Two pieces.  Wonderful isn't is!  The top to the mail box is used in 3633
the Fabuland Motor Boat.

Cool.  I noticed the top looked similar to various chest-lids (like in the
recent Belville Castle sets and (I think) Adventurers).  But I don't have
the Fabuland piece to check if it's the same, or just similar.

Some of the chests used Belville were first used in Fabuland, for example
the chests sets 5825 and 5801 are 'Fabuland chests' (used in set 3635). The
mailbox lid is a 4x4 piece, I don't know any chests that have this kind of
'footprint'.

--
Frank Buiting

Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/