 General / 21078
Re: Planning on a new History of LEGO Windows....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:52:21 GMT

sebarile-MOBL wrote:

Hi Guys,
I have several LEGO boxes of just white windows. Each came with only one size
each 1x1x1, 1x2x1, 1x3x2, & 1x4x2. The boxes measure about 1"x4"x6" and have
pictures on the front of Kirk and his sister as childern playing with LEGO. I
don't have the boxes with me but I can post the set # and year (if marked)
tonight.
SteveB

<<SNIP>>
I am surprised at how rare the 1x3x2 windows are in white to begin with. I
only know of set 313 von 1971. Since the small sills have been invented 1972
it came with the larger ones.
<<SNIP>>

Steve, based on the size you just described, I am pretty confident that you have
the USA/Canada Samsonite parts packs from the early 1960's (the box sizes are too
large to be European Parts packs).  The set numbers probably are:  1x1x1 windows
- #214/9, 1x2x1 windows - #214/8, 1x3x2 windows - #214/5, 1x4x2 windows - #214/4.

And yes, those 1x3x2 windows are pretty rare in white.

Gary Istok