 General / 21012
21011  |  21013
Subject:
Planning on a new History of LEGO Windows....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:55:56 GMT

I noticed that my DEJA News posts about the history of classic LEGO
windows has been aged off (it's gone!).  That is no problem, because I
want to do a brand new post on the subject.

Last week I received another European Dealers Windows & Doors box (214
1-10) filled with 270 windows.  I spent a few hours studying the
windows, along with the ones I already have.  It seems that there are 4
different window types for each of the 10 classic windows/doors.  The
new posts that I want to add to the History Of LEGO series, will discuss
all 4 types of the 10 classic windows/doors.

But before I do, there are a few questions I have for the general lugnet
community, as well as the Train folks in particular.  I want to check
for the existence of these pieces:

1) 1x3x2 classic window in white -  does anyone have this window without
the protruding window sill at the bottom?

2) 1x2x1 or 1x1x1 classic window in black - does anyone have any of
these in any type?  I know of the existence of the 1x1x2 in black (I
have one example).  If these exist, they probably came in 1970's train
sets or in train parts packs.

Thanks,
Gary Istok
gistok@earthlink.net