 General / 20451
Re: Lunar Mining Colony
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 19:39:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brian H. Nielsen writes:
  I've updated my web site with pictures of my lunar mining colony -
Copernicus City.

  The Prologue and Chapter I show the inception and construction of the
initial base on my 4'x8' lunar landscape.  Future chapters will follow its
development into a thriving settlement and will include some "behind the
scenes" photos showing techniques used in the construction of the mountian.
(Some text related to the construction techniques was posted on 4/12/2000:
http://www.lugnet.com/build/arch/?n=121 )

  The direct link to Copernicus City is:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/brian_h_nielsen/moonbase/moonbase.htm

  There is also a link to it off my home page:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/brian_h_nielsen/

Brian

Brian,  Great Job!! Inspiring!! The story is very imaginative and ties
everything together very well. You must have put quite a bit of time into
planning the whole project (I read your link on Cbeams - very intersting -
I've done similar experiments but never to such scientific quality - bravo!).
I also wondered the link to trains - no longer! Your moonscape is beautiful! I
am looking forward to the next chapter. Have you already written it?

Wayne