 General / 20133
Re: Cracking Torsos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:12:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ed Jones writes:
I changed arms on a bunch of newer style torsos (plain green, plain red and
Star Wars) over the weekend.  Removing the arms caused the torso to crack from
the arm hole down to the waist.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Are they using thinner abs?
I've had this happen on some of my figs that have never had their arms
removed, including Flatfoot Thompson and a '96 coast guard fig. It makes their
arms very loose, and I hate this cause sometimes they just come out when
you're moving them.

Also, the pins on the waist pieces break pretty easily too. Once when I was
taking a leg off it broke off, pin and all. I tried gluing it, but it only
stayed a few days. Has anyone had this happen as well? Is there a special kind
of glue that will hold the leg on?