 General / 19897
Re: rehashing potential spoilers (was: Re: Harry Potter Lego Line)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:35:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:

The Harry Potter books are children's books (aimed at, I think, around 11 or
12
year olds)

Nope.  They were written by an adult in an attempt to please adults.

Ah, hmmm.  That's odd.  I saw an interview with JK Rowling on CNN a while back
and she went on and on about how she set out to write books for children.

They
have
widely please children and adults, and have been labelled kids books.  BUT,
they have been produced with different, less juvinile, covers so that adults
would feel more comfortable buying them.

I don't know all the covers of all the version, but all the ones I've seen have
had sketches of Harry on the covers.  I've seen about three or four versions of
the first book.

Seems his Mum and Dad were, so he is too.

This may not always be true.  There are certainly wizarding children coming
out
of muggle parents.

Well, yeah, but I didn't see the need to go into that level of detail in the
short description I was writing.  I mostly just wanted to mention that they
were, too.

eric