 General / 19757
Re: Harry Potter Lego Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:51:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

   All right, folks, as most of you know, I am not aware of certain aspects
of society, I guess you could say. I have heard of Harry Potter before, but
know little about it. Does anyone care to share a brief overview of the
Harry Potter books? I would appreciate it!

The Harry Potter books are children's books (aimed at, I think, around 11 or 12
year olds) about a boy who discovers he's a wizard.  Seems his Mum and Dad
were, so he is too.  He gets invited to attend Hogwart's Academy, the most
prestigious wizard's academy in the world.  There are to be 7 books, one for
each year Harry is at Hogwart's.  The fourth was just released.

What?  Oh, yeah, it also just so happens that Harry is famous, although not for
anything he remembers.  His parents were killed by the Arch-Evil-Mage
Voldemort, who then turned his attentions on the infant Harry.  Voldemort was
unable to harm Harry, though, leaving only a scar on is forehead and in the
process losing all his powers and vanishing.  That's not to say some folks
don't think he'll be back, of course...

That's about it.  The first book, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's/Philosopher's
Stone (depends which side of the Atlantic you buy it on) is the first movie,
about Harry's first year.  There could be a lot of cool Castle theme crossover
(Hogwart's is a castle, after all- the most desired location for the movie to
be filmed was Canterbury Cathedral, but the Church of England declined).

eric