 General / 19763
Re: Harry Potter Lego Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:09:26 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:

Err, not to pick nits, but I always do.

Damned absolute statements.

This should read "I always try to remember to do so."  I tried to avoid
spoilers for HPatSS, if I missed and let one slip somehow I apologise.

No, you did great!  I know because I have only read the first few chapters
of HP&theSS and what you synopsized was right on the money.  BTW I didn't
stop because the book didn't appeal to me-- quite the contrary!  (This
coming from someone who thought reading the Hobbit and about half of Lord
of the Rings was one of the worst tortures I remember from junior high.)
Santa brought the first three books to my six-year-old not realizing that
the vocabulary and syntax were still a little too advanced for him (we had
to switch to The Indian in the Cupboard for bedtime reading, but we'll try
again in a few months!).  It has been hard for me not to read ahead on my
own, but so far I have managed to control myself!

Maggie C.