 General / 19898
Re: Something I didn't know about LEGO...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:50:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
As many of you know I my wife and I are expecting our first child.  Well we
have started going to all our classes and on Monday we had our Infant and • Child
CPR class.

First its interesting to note that LEGO showed up on a ton of their slides as
serious choking hazards for infants and toddlers.  I was thinking "No Kidding"
but I guess its good to point out especially for families that have older
children that play with LEGO.

Anyway as part of the discussion the nurse there pointed out that LEGO Bricks
(OK she said "Legos" and I didn't correct her ;-) are X-Ray Transparent.
Meaning that LEGO does not show up on X-Ray's if they have been swallowed etc.
They say you can sometimes see the void made by the LEGO but not the LEGO
itself which makes it a bit difficult for them when a Child has swallowed
LEGO.

hmm. Perhaps TLC should but radium in them?

Scott A

As a side note:  I guess I won't worry about the Airport security guards
thinking its C4 plastic explossives any more ;-).

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/