 General / 1976
Re: To quote a scholar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 20:30:05 GMT

I agree that TLG is spreading itself too thin. The CD games are marginable
from what I've read about problems installing and playing them. Z-Nap is a
flailing attempt to debunk Kinex (something they have always wanted to do).
TLG should just stick to the time tested 'toys' that they have made their
reputation on. I've loved playing with Legos since I was 6 or 7 (eons ago)
and I always end making something that there are no directions for. Sure
making the set model on the cover is fun, but there has always been
something in my head that says 'build it this way'. Imagination is what made
TLG what it is today, that all knowing that there is a better way to make
the impossible model. It's what has kept me interested in Legos for so long
and I'm sure it will in the future. Most of the reason I buy the theme sets
is to get that special piece that will go great on a model that I thought of
making but couldn't b/c it lacked some cool trimings or do-hickeys. I do say
'hats off' to TLG for making Legos for as long as they have, it's a hard
world out there in the toy industry. Many have failed, but TLG just keeps
coming up w/something better than the year before. Lets all hope that they
keep up the good work and make more.

LegoCork