 General / 19755
  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) The Harry Potter books are children's books (aimed at, I think, around 11 or 12 year olds) about a boy who discovers he's a wizard. Seems his Mum and Dad were, so he is too. He gets invited to attend Hogwart's Academy, the most prestigious (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) Sure. A brief overview of the first book (the only one I've read): Harry is an orphan with foster parents (his aunt & uncle I think) who treat him horribly, never giving him presents and making him live under the stairs. He gets an (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

A reminder to people -- if your message contains potential spoilers, please make that clear in the subject.... (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) Err, not to pick nits, but I always do. Very little of what was in my post was really a spoiler for the first book. It's all revealed in the first two chapters or so. eric (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) Damned absolute statements. This should read "I always try to remember to do so." I tried to avoid spoilers for HPatSS, if I missed and let one slip somehow I apologise. eric (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

To All, All right, folks, as most of you know, I am not aware of certain aspects of society, I guess you could say. I have heard of Harry Potter before, but know little about it. Does anyone care to share a brief overview of the Harry Potter books? (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) No, you did great! I know because I have only read the first few chapters of HP&theSS and what you synopsized was right on the money. BTW I didn't stop because the book didn't appeal to me-- quite the contrary! (This coming from someone who (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) Sorry -- I didn't mean to imply that your message was bad. Just a general caution for the entire thread. (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) Ahhhhh, ok. Good point! I haven't read much past the first 15 pages of the second book, I wouldn't want to see Spoilers either. eric (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

Lorbatt & Jeff, Thanks for the info. Now at least I can identify the new LEGO series. Sigh, remember when they made Town sets? : ) Scott S. -- Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) LEGO Parts at Great Prices? Visit The (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  rehashing potential spoilers (was: Re: Harry Potter Lego Line)

(...) Buy the first one and read it. I suspect you will read the rest. (...) 12 (...) Nope. They were written by an adult in an attempt to please adults. They have widely please children and adults, and have been labelled kids books. BUT, they have (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: rehashing potential spoilers (was: Re: Harry Potter Lego Line)

(...) Ah, hmmm. That's odd. I saw an interview with JK Rowling on CNN a while back and she went on and on about how she set out to write books for children. (...) I don't know all the covers of all the version, but all the ones I've seen have had (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: rehashing potential spoilers (was: Re: Harry Potter Lego Line)

(...) In a Newsweek interview she said that she wrote them with no target audience, just writing books she liked herself. Cindy (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: rehashing potential spoilers (was: Re: Harry Potter Lego Line)

(...) back (...) just writing (...) This is the stance that I have always seen her express -- since early on in the popularity of the series. I think that she either mis-expressed herself, or she was misunderstood, in the interview in which they (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)