 General / 19457
Re: Technic windup motors and other new pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 01:03:28 GMT

I was impressed with the motor as well.  I wonder if one could make a little
windup toy that walked...

Build On!
John Matthews

David Schilling <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> wrote in message
I just bought a Speed Dragster <set:6714> and a Rocket Dragster • <set:6616>,
for the windup technic motors.  I've been wanting something like this for • a
long time!

Turns out that there are a couple of other new pieces in them that I've • never
seen.  In the Speed Dragster set, there are two blue, 1x4 versions of
<part:4865> (1) which is called a 'panel' in the partsref list.  I've • always
called them arm rests, for their normal use in vehicles, but whatever. • Does
any other set have these in the 1x4 size?

The Rocket Dragster has a couple of interesting click-hinge pieces.  One • is a
combination of <part:30364> (2) and <part:30365> (3), with a single • 'finger'
on one end, and a double 'finger' on the other.  The other click-hinge • piece
is a 2x2 version of <part:30364> (single 'finger').  Unfortunately, both • are
in yellow.

The other thing that really interested me was the minifig shirts.  The • Speed
Dragster's minifig has one of the ugliest faces you can imagine (a Timmy
rival?!), but a very nice shirt - a blue shark.  Maybe this has been in
another set before, but this is the first time I've seen it.  And the • Rocket
Dragster's shirt is a tiger.

See pictures of the new parts, as well as the minifig shirts at:
and

Oh, and the windup motor works great!  ("Pull back, let go" type, can't be
over wound.)

--
  David Schilling

(1) or http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/search.cgi?q=4865