 General / 19409
19408  |  19410
Subject:
Market Share (was train windows)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:43:13 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:

TLC does or would if they'd do a little anaylsis. I don't think anyone else
does. I've heard a lot of numbers batted around. I'd be surprised if we were
less than .5% of the total and very surprised if we were more than 10%...

I just got back from Carlsbad, and remember reading that TLC sells around 200
million sets a year.  If we simplify the problem and assume that the average
AFOL buys sets in the same proportion in terms of size and profitability as
the average parent of a KABOB, we can probably come up with some rough
guestimates of what percentage of new sales we purchase.

Does anyone want to guess the total number of AFOLs and average number of sets
purchased annually at retail?

Ponder well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.megsinet.net/~stabno/SimiLego.htm